The Bureau of Water manages several programs that offer grants to help implement local water projects. Below is a description of those programs.
- Illinois Green Infrastructure Grants - The Illinois Green Infrastructure Grant Program for Stormwater Management (IGIG) administered by Illinois EPA is in a state of change. Once program specifics are finalized, information will be made available on the Illinois EPA Web site.
- Nonpoint Source Grants - Grants are available to local units of government and other organizations to protect water quality in Illinois. Projects must address water quality issues relating directly to nonpoint source pollution.
- Lake Education Assistance Program - The Lake Education Assistance Program is currently suspended. Due to the suspension of the program, applications received by the Illinois EPA are not being processed at this time. Please check back for future updates.
- ILMA Scholarship - Two $1,000 scholarship grants will be offered annually for coursework or research involving Midwest lake ecosystems management. Applications for grants are available annually and are due no later than December 31.
- Streambank Cleanup and Lakeshore Enhancement (SCALE) - The Streambank Cleanup And Lakeshore Enhancement (SCALE) program provides funds to assist groups that have established a recurring stream or lakeshore cleanup.